News
Bandits Kidnap Village Head and 14 Others in Kaduna, Communities Call for Urgent Military Action
In a tragic turn of events, bandits have kidnapped the village head of Ungwan Babangida, Babangida Sojiji, along with 14 others in Kauru Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna State.
The incident occurred on Thursday night when heavily armed attackers stormed Ungwan Babangida Village, firing sporadically before abducting their victims.
The youth leader of Dokan Karji, Aminu Khalid, confirmed the attack over the weekend, stating that the victims included three women and nine men. Two of the abducted individuals were laborers from Jigawa State and Ikara LGA of Kaduna State.
This kidnapping follows closely on the heels of another incident in the same LGA, where bandits abducted four farmers in Libere community on Wednesday, intensifying fears among residents.
Khalid emphasized the dire situation facing Kauru communities, calling for urgent military intervention.
“Federal Government and security operatives must intensify efforts to cripple the activities of these criminals who have made life difficult for villagers,” he said. He highlighted how many breadwinners have been killed, leaving communities in distress.
Despite the challenges, Khalid commended local vigilante groups for their resilience and constant efforts to thwart banditry, noting their success in foiling multiple kidnapping attempts.
The people of Kauru LGA now await decisive action from the government to restore peace and security to their region.
News
FAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns
It has been reported that the Ebola virus is rising again and there have been some cases. This has caused fear in many, with talks of different viruses spreading.
Amid this concern, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) reassured the people that no trace of Ebola has been confirmed in the country, despite the outbreak in Africa.
FAAN shared that they have been on the lookout for travellers who may have symptoms, and so far there is none.
News
JAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students
It has been reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has finally released the withheld results of 279 students.
It can be recalled that some results were held due to investigations of cheating. Some results proved to have traces of malpractice and were cancelled, but the ones without traces have been released and the students can finally move on.
JAMB also shared additional advice for students that might have not seen theirs: “Candidates whose results have not yet been released are advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration to view their released results.”
News
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.
It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.
This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.
However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.
-
Entertainment5 hours agoFrank Edoho Says Legal Action Is Underway Amid Allegations
-
Entertainment4 hours agoDaniel Etim Effiong Sparks Debate Over Comments on Cheating
-
Sport5 hours ago“I Am Running Out of Energy” — Pep Guardiola Speaks on Exit
-
Entertainment3 hours agoTemi Otedola Opens Up About Pregnancy Discovery During Honeymoon
-
Entertainment3 hours agoReality Star Olandria Carthen Receives Warm Welcome in Lagos
-
Entertainment4 hours agoTemi Otedola and Mr Eazi Expecting First Child Together
