News
CIO Urges Defense and Security Services to Cooperate in Yoon’s Arrest
South Korea’s Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO) has officially requested the defense ministry and the presidential security service to cooperate in its ongoing efforts to arrest impeached President Yoon Suk-yeol.
In a series of letters sent late Sunday, the CIO emphasized the importance of cooperation from both the defense ministry and the security service.
The letters warned of serious legal consequences if either fails to comply with the investigation.
Specifically, the defense ministry was told that any military personnel obstructing the execution of the arrest or search of the presidential residence could face criminal charges or be held liable for damages.
Similarly, the CIO sent a separate warning to the presidential security service, outlining the potential consequences for security personnel who hinder the investigation.
In addition to possible criminal liability, those obstructing the operation could lose their status as public servants and face restrictions on future employment or pension entitlements.
The CIO also reassured security service employees that they would not face repercussions if they defied illegal orders to block the execution of the arrest warrants.
News
FAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns
It has been reported that the Ebola virus is rising again and there have been some cases. This has caused fear in many, with talks of different viruses spreading.
Amid this concern, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) reassured the people that no trace of Ebola has been confirmed in the country, despite the outbreak in Africa.
FAAN shared that they have been on the lookout for travellers who may have symptoms, and so far there is none.
News
JAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students
It has been reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has finally released the withheld results of 279 students.
It can be recalled that some results were held due to investigations of cheating. Some results proved to have traces of malpractice and were cancelled, but the ones without traces have been released and the students can finally move on.
JAMB also shared additional advice for students that might have not seen theirs: “Candidates whose results have not yet been released are advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration to view their released results.”
News
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.
It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.
This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.
However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.
-
Entertainment9 hours agoDaniel Etim Effiong Sparks Debate Over Comments on Cheating
-
Entertainment10 hours agoFrank Edoho Says Legal Action Is Underway Amid Allegations
-
Entertainment9 hours agoReality Star Olandria Carthen Receives Warm Welcome in Lagos
-
Sport10 hours ago“I Am Running Out of Energy” — Pep Guardiola Speaks on Exit
-
Entertainment8 hours agoTemi Otedola Opens Up About Pregnancy Discovery During Honeymoon
-
Entertainment10 hours agoTemi Otedola and Mr Eazi Expecting First Child Together
