News
Lagos Youths Oppose August Hunger Protest, Cite Political Motives
Lagos Indigenous Youth Network (LIYN) has condemned the planned hunger protest from August 1 to 10, 2024, fearing it may lead to chaos similar to the #EndSARS events.
At a press conference in Ikeja, youth leaders asserted that the protest is politically driven rather than for public interest.
Mobolaji Ogunlende, speaking for LIYN, cited intelligence reports suggesting political motives behind the protest. “We are not against citizens constructively engaging their leaders.
However, when such engagement turns into a platform for tension and warmongering, aimed at settling political scores, it is time to exercise caution,” Ogunlende said.
The group urged Lagosians, especially parents, to discourage participation in the protest.
They affirmed their support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the state government’s efforts to maintain peace and address grievances. “We say no to any protest disguised as supporting the people but aimed at causing destruction,” Ogunlende concluded.
News
FAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns
It has been reported that the Ebola virus is rising again and there have been some cases. This has caused fear in many, with talks of different viruses spreading.
Amid this concern, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) reassured the people that no trace of Ebola has been confirmed in the country, despite the outbreak in Africa.
FAAN shared that they have been on the lookout for travellers who may have symptoms, and so far there is none.
News
JAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students
It has been reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has finally released the withheld results of 279 students.
It can be recalled that some results were held due to investigations of cheating. Some results proved to have traces of malpractice and were cancelled, but the ones without traces have been released and the students can finally move on.
JAMB also shared additional advice for students that might have not seen theirs: “Candidates whose results have not yet been released are advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration to view their released results.”
News
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.
It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.
This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.
However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.
-
Entertainment4 hours agoFrank Edoho Says Legal Action Is Underway Amid Allegations
-
Sport5 hours ago“I Am Running Out of Energy” — Pep Guardiola Speaks on Exit
-
Entertainment3 hours agoDaniel Etim Effiong Sparks Debate Over Comments on Cheating
-
Entertainment3 hours agoReality Star Olandria Carthen Receives Warm Welcome in Lagos
-
Entertainment2 hours agoTemi Otedola Opens Up About Pregnancy Discovery During Honeymoon
-
Entertainment4 hours agoTemi Otedola and Mr Eazi Expecting First Child Together
