Connect with us

News

Man Kidnaps and Kills Girlfriend’s Son on Father’s Day in South Africa

Published

on


On Father’s Day, a 35-year-old man named Siyanda Magagu kidnapped his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son, Anganam Magxwalisa, and hung him from a tree in Xholora township, Stutterheim, in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Eastern Cape NPA spokesperson Luxolo Tyali reported that Magagu appeared at the Stutterheim Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday, June 18, 2024, facing charges of kidnapping and murder. He has been remanded in custody.

The incident allegedly took place after Magagu argued with the child’s mother. He took the child from his 13-year-old cousin, claiming he was going to buy him sweets at a local spaza shop. According to family spokesperson Babalwa Goroleki, Magagu had been part of Anganam’s life since he was two months old.

“We are deeply shocked,” said Goroleki. “We never thought he would do something like this. He loved him like his own. We just don’t understand what could have possessed him to do something like this.”

Provincial police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Siphokazi Mawisa said the mother contacted the police to report Anganam missing.

Advertisement

His body was found hanging from a tree a few hours later. Magagu, a taxi driver, was arrested early on Sunday morning.


 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

FAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns

Published

on


It has been reported that the Ebola virus is rising again and there have been some cases. This has caused fear in many, with talks of different viruses spreading.

Amid this concern, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) reassured the people that no trace of Ebola has been confirmed in the country, despite the outbreak in Africa.

FAAN shared that they have been on the lookout for travellers who may have symptoms, and so far there is none.


Continue Reading

News

JAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students

Published

on


It has been reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has finally released the withheld results of 279 students.

It can be recalled that some results were held due to investigations of cheating. Some results proved to have traces of malpractice and were cancelled, but the ones without traces have been released and the students can finally move on.

JAMB also shared additional advice for students that might have not seen theirs: “Candidates whose results have not yet been released are advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration to view their released results.”


Continue Reading

News

Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race

Published

on


It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.

It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.

This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.

However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.


Continue Reading

Trending