Connect with us

News

Shehu Sani Explains Why He Returned to APC After Years in PDP

Published

on

Photo source: Google

Former Kaduna Central Senator, Shehu Sani, has explained why he rejoined the All Progressives Congress (APC) after previously leaving for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Sani initially left the APC in October 2018 due to disagreements over the party’s primaries. He later joined the PDP, where he secured a senatorial ticket but lost the 2019 election to Uba Sani, who is now the governor of Kaduna State.

On February 16, he officially returned to the APC along with some members of the PDP and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kaduna.

Speaking on Channels Television’s Hard Copy on Friday, Sani said his decision was influenced by reconciliation efforts led by the Kaduna State governor. “A lot of us left APC in 2018 due to certain issues, but those circumstances have now changed,” he said.

He recalled being a founding member of the APC in Kaduna, helping to build the party’s structures and campaign for the 2015 elections at both the senatorial and governorship levels. However, things happened between him and then-Governor Nasir El-Rufai, leading to his exit from the party.

Advertisement

“Our disagreements were political, personal, and related to state matters,” he explained. “Now, we have a new governor who has been reaching out, consulting, and trying to unify people across the state. After discussions, we agreed to return to the party we originally helped build in Kaduna.”


 

News

Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race

Published

on


It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.

It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.

This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.

However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.


Continue Reading

News

“It Is Intolerable” — CAN Speaks on School Attack In Oyo State

Published

on


The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has reacted to the recent abduction incident in Oyo State.

It can be recalled that schools were attacked by armed men, with some teachers and students reportedly taken. Some people were also killed during the attack.

CAN cried out on behalf of the public, stating “It is intolerable, disgraceful and utterly unacceptable that Nigerian children can no longer sit safely in classrooms without the fear of being kidnapped by armed gangs.”

The organisation also stated that Nigerians are tired of constantly mourning and questioning when something will finally be done to stop the violence.


Continue Reading

News

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde Speaks on Oyo School Attack

Published

on


The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has revealed that seven teachers were abducted following a recent attack on a school in the state.

It was also shared that the number of students taken is still being investigated.

The governor further revealed that some people were killed during the attack and abduction.

He also added “With the pressure on the terrorists and the bandits in the North-West, they will keep moving southward.”

“When you have pressure in one place, we must be prepared on this side to either repel or neutralise any terrorists fleeing the pressure points.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending