Connect with us

Politics

Tinubu Set to Swear In New Ministers for a Stronger Nigeria

Published

on

Photo source: Google

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is set to officially swear in seven new ministers on Monday.

This significant event comes after the Senate approved their appointments just last week.

Dr. Nentawe Yilwatda will take on the role of Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction.

He is expected to address critical issues surrounding social welfare and support systems, focusing on reducing poverty across the nation.

Muhammadu Maigari Dingyadi will serve as Minister of Labour and Employment.

Advertisement

His responsibilities will include tackling unemployment and creating initiatives to enhance job opportunities for citizens, particularly the youth.

Bianca Odinaka Odumegwu-Ojukwu has been appointed as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.

Her position will be crucial in strengthening Nigeria’s diplomatic relationships and promoting the country’s interests on the international stage.

Known for her advocacy and public service, she aims to enhance Nigeria’s image abroad.

Dr Jumoke Oduwole will step into the role of Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment.

Advertisement

Her experience in both the public and private sectors will be invaluable as she seeks to stimulate economic growth through strategic trade policies and investment opportunities.

Idi Mukhtar Maiha will take charge as Minister of Livestock Development.

This ministry plays a vital role in ensuring the welfare of livestock and enhancing the agricultural sector, which is a key part of Nigeria’s economy.

Yusuf Abdullahi Ata has been appointed Minister of State for Housing and Urban Development.

His focus will likely be on addressing housing shortages and improving urban planning to create sustainable living environments for Nigerians.

Advertisement

Finally, Dr. Suwaiba Said Ahmad will serve as Minister of State for Education.

Her work will be essential in reforming the educational sector, promoting access to quality education, and addressing challenges in schools across the country.


 

Politics

Wike and Fubara Need to Explain the Real Cause of Their Conflict – Omotsegunwa

Published

on

Photo source: Google

Jerry Omotsegunwa, Special Assistant on Electronic Media to the suspended Rivers State Governor, Sim Fubara, has said that both FCT Minister Nyesom Wike and Fubara need to come forward and explain the real cause of their political fallout.

According to Omotsegunwa, neither Wike nor Fubara has clearly stated what led to their dispute. “The FCT minister has not told us anything that led to the crisis, and the governor too has not provided any clarity,” he said.

The rift between the two escalated into a full-blown political crisis, prompting President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of emergency in Rivers State on March 18, 2025. Tinubu also suspended Fubara and members of the State House of Assembly.

Former Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi, in an interview with DW, attributed the crisis to money, criticizing Tinubu’s emergency rule decision as unconstitutional.

Reacting to Amaechi’s claim, Omotsegunwa said it remains a personal opinion, as the real reason behind the crisis is still unclear.

Advertisement

“This crisis has lasted almost two years, yet nobody has come out to state exactly what the problem is,” he said. “When they talked about impeaching the governor, he asked, ‘What is my offence?’ And the FCT minister responded that he tried to destroy his political structure. Even with this, we are still left without real answers.”

Omotsegunwa added that while he wouldn’t dispute Amaechi’s stance, it remains just his personal perspective.


 

Continue Reading

News

“I Almost Gave Up on Running for President” – President Tinubu Shares

Published

on

Photo source: Google

President Bola Tinubu has revealed that he almost stepped away from the presidential race but was convinced to stay by Aminu Masari and a few others.

Speaking at a special Iftar at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Tinubu shared how a late-night conversation with a relative made him question his decision to run. His spokesman, Bayo Onanuga, released a statement detailing the moment.

Recalling the incident, Tinubu said a family member visited him around 3:30 a.m., asking for N50,000 to buy food. The relative blamed him for the currency crisis at the time, saying people were struggling to get cash, even a wealthy uncle of theirs couldn’t find N10,000. The man then questioned why Tinubu was still in the race, hinting that he had no chance of winning.

Despite the doubt, Tinubu handed over the money and confidently told him he would succeed. However, the encounter made him briefly consider quitting. He credited Aminu Masari and others for pushing him forward, with Masari reminding him of the support he had and urging him not to look back.

Tinubu acknowledged the tough economic challenges he faced upon taking office and the difficult decisions he had to make, including the removal of fuel subsidies. He revealed that the subsidy removal wasn’t part of his original inauguration speech but was a decision he had to make immediately.

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading

Politics

“I Am Not a Member of APC, Nor Am I an Intending Member” – Peter Obi Says

Published

on

Photo source: Google

Former Anambra State Governor and Labour Party presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections, Peter Obi, has publicly denounced attempts to associate his name with political gatherings and narratives linked to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a statement released on his official X (formerly Twitter) handle, Obi emphasized his commitment to integrity and issue-based politics, distancing himself from toxic political practices and manipulations.

Obi’s remarks come in the wake of reports circulating on social media that mentioned his name during an APC event. He categorically stated, “I do not engage in toxic politics, blackmail, or any form of political manipulation. My name should not be associated with such narratives.”

Reaffirming his political allegiance, Obi clarified, “I am not a member of the APC, nor am I an intending member.” He underscored his belief that political parties should evaluate aspirants based on competence, capacity, and compassion—qualities he deems essential for building a better Anambra and Nigeria.

Addressing the political trajectory of Valentine Ozigbo, Obi maintained that all aspirants, including Ozigbo, should be assessed on key leadership qualities within their respective parties.

Advertisement
Also, he expressed hope that elections and primaries would focus on credibility and vision, rather than descending into personal attacks or toxic narratives.

Valentine Ozigbo, a notable figure in Anambra politics, has recently made headlines for his political realignments. After contesting the 2021 Anambra governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and subsequently supporting Peter Obi’s presidential bid with the Labour Party in 2023, Ozigbo resigned from the Labour Party and joined the APC in February 2025. He cited his commitment to progressive governance and the desire to work alongside forward-thinking leaders as motivations for his defection.

Additionally, Obi emphasized the importance of fair and credible primaries, advocating for democratic processes that allow every legitimate party member a fair chance to contest without bias or blackmail. As the Anambra State governorship election approaches in November, he called on all political parties to ensure transparency and uphold justice throughout the electoral process.


 

Continue Reading

Trending