News
“Tinubu Stabbed His Supporters in the Back With Ridiculous Appointments” – Onokpasa
An All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Jesutega Onokpasa, has expressed disappointment with President Bola Tinubu, accusing him of betraying his loyal supporters through questionable appointments that he described as absurd and insulting.
During an appearance on Arise News’ morning show on Thursday, Onokpasa openly criticized the recent appointment of Daniel Bwala as Special Adviser on Media and Public Communication to the President.
Bwala, formerly an aide to Atiku Abubakar, has been a vocal critic of Tinubu, even making controversial statements against him during the election campaign.
Onokpasa’s remarks add to the growing backlash the president has faced over this decision.
Many of Tinubu’s supporters feel sidelined, arguing that the appointment of Bwala, who was once aligned with the opposition and allegedly made disparaging remarks about Tinubu, sends a discouraging message to those who stood by him.
Speaking passionately, Onokpasa rejected the narrative that the appointment was a strategic move.
“Our dear and beloved president has betrayed his staunch supporters with these absolutely ridiculous, inexplicable appointments,” he said.
“I am a Tinubu supporter, not a sycophant. His apologists are calling Bwala’s appointment a strategy, but to me, it is pure stupidity.”
Onokpasa, who also serves as the chairman of the Tinubu Media Support Group (TMSG), expressed frustration over what he saw as a lack of loyalty to those who defended the president during critical moments.
He pointed out that Bwala had once labeled Tinubu a “drug dealer” without providing any evidence, yet he was rewarded with a position of influence.
“How do you appoint someone who publicly called you a drug dealer? Daniel Bwala is a lawyer. He had no evidence for such accusations, yet he was given this role.
This is the same person who called the president a drug baron, and now he’s been welcomed into the fold. It feels like a slap in the face for those of us who stood by him,” Onokpasa lamented.
He further criticized Bayo Onanuga, a prominent Tinubu ally, for defending the decision. “Bayo Onanuga tries to rationalize this, but it’s insulting.
We were out there defending the president when Bwala and others were attacking him.
Now, the same person who tried to tarnish his image gets an appointment, while those of us who believed in him are left in the cold,” he said.
Onokpasa’s anger wasn’t just about the appointments but also about the perceived disregard for loyal supporters.
“It’s not about wanting an appointment. Many of us don’t need that. It’s about the insult. It’s about the president taking us for granted.
We defended him because we believed in him, not because we were seeking favors. For me, this is personal.
I admired him like a family member, and now it feels like he has humiliated us. I don’t trust him anymore.”
News
FAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns
It has been reported that the Ebola virus is rising again and there have been some cases. This has caused fear in many, with talks of different viruses spreading.
Amid this concern, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) reassured the people that no trace of Ebola has been confirmed in the country, despite the outbreak in Africa.
FAAN shared that they have been on the lookout for travellers who may have symptoms, and so far there is none.
News
JAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students
It has been reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has finally released the withheld results of 279 students.
It can be recalled that some results were held due to investigations of cheating. Some results proved to have traces of malpractice and were cancelled, but the ones without traces have been released and the students can finally move on.
JAMB also shared additional advice for students that might have not seen theirs: “Candidates whose results have not yet been released are advised to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used for registration to view their released results.”
News
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.
It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.
This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.
However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.
-
News9 hours agoJAMB Releases Withheld Results of 279 Students
-
News9 hours agoFAAN Reassures Nigerians Amid Ebola Concerns
-
Entertainment4 hours agoJacob Elordi and Kendall Jenner Spark Dating Rumors
-
Sport8 hours agoLuis Enrique Calls Arsenal the Best Team in the World
-
Entertainment7 hours ago“I Treasure It” — Teddy A Opens Up About Wedding Ring Amid Marital Crisis
-
Entertainment5 hours agoYul Edochie Reacts to Frank Edoho and Sandra Controversy
-
Entertainment6 hours agoNollywood Actress Sharon Ooja Announces Birth of Her Baby Boy
-
Sport4 hours agoFootball Legend Paul Merson Sends Message to Arteta After Win
