Connect with us

Entertainment

VeryDarkMan Denies Defaming Falana and Falz Over Bobrisky Case

Published

on

Photo source: Google

Controversial activist Martins Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, has denied accusations of defaming prominent human rights lawyer Femi Falana and his son, rapper Falz.

The accusations stem from allegations that the two played a role in securing a favorable outcome for the popular cross-dresser Idris Okuneye, also known as Bobrisky, during his recent legal troubles.

Falana and Falz issued a 24-hour ultimatum to VeryDarkMan, demanding that he retract his statements and apologize.

They claimed that he falsely accused them of using their influence to help Bobrisky avoid serious consequences for his crimes.

Bobrisky had been sentenced to three months in prison after pleading guilty to naira mutilation following his arrest by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). He was released on August 5, 2024.

Advertisement

The controversy began on September 24, 2024, when VeryDarkMan shared a leaked audio recording on social media, purportedly of Bobrisky.

In the recording, Bobrisky alleged that Falz and his father had intervened to help him escape charges of money laundering.

Following the leak, Falana and Falz categorically denied any involvement in the matter and demanded a public apology from VeryDarkMan, along with a retraction of the statements across all platforms.

In response to the ultimatum, VeryDarkMan released a video on his social media channels, clarifying his position.

He stated that he had no intention of defaming either Falana or Falz, emphasizing his respect for the senior lawyer’s longstanding advocacy for human rights and social justice.

Advertisement

“I never defamed Uncle Femi Falana, and I would never do so.

I hold him in high regard, not just because of his status as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria but because of his dedication to representing people like me who speak out against societal injustices and the misuse of power,” he said.

VeryDarkMan explained that his comments were solely a reaction to Bobrisky’s leaked call, where the cross-dresser alleged that Falz had connected him with Falana in exchange for a sum of N10 million.

He further stated that while he could have edited out the part of the recording that mentioned Falz, he chose not to, believing that a thorough investigation was needed to clarify the matter.

He concluded by saying that he did not believe Falana would be involved in such a situation and would be deeply disappointed if proven otherwise.

Advertisement

The incident has sparked widespread debate on social media, with many questioning the ethics of leaking private conversations and the broader implications for public figures who are often the subjects of unverified claims.


 

Entertainment

Dolapo Lawal Says Many Nigerians Abroad Are Surviving, Not Thriving

Published

on


Nigerian pastor Dolapo Lawal spoke on the reality of living abroad and what people do not see online.

He shared the insight that many Nigerians who relocate to other countries mainly move there for survival and not necessarily for wealth.

“How many people you know that are in the UK who are billionaires? They go there to survive. They don’t go there to be rich. All of them are going there to do care jobs. They’re going there to survive.”

He then shared that it is better to be a billionaire in Nigeria and stated that success can sometimes come easier at home than relocating abroad.


Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sandra Claims She Has Evidence Against Frank Edoho

Published

on


Sandra has spoken out and broken her silence on the alleged affair involving Chike. She shared that she was faithful throughout her marriage and claimed that only Frank Edoho cheated.

Sandra revealed that Frank allegedly cheated multiple times and even claimed that a particular woman was frequently seen around their home, stating that he was definitely involved with her.

She also stated that she has evidence against Frank, including receipts from hotels and places where he allegedly met with his dates.


Continue Reading

Entertainment

Shakira and Burna Boy Reportedly Release World Cup Song

Published

on


Popular singer Shakira and Nigerian singer Burna Boy have reportedly released “Daidia,” a song linked to the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

It was also noted that the two artists are expected to perform during the event, and the song for the occasion has now been released.

This will not be the first time Shakira will perform for the World Cup. Whenever her name is mentioned, many people remember “Waka Waka,” the iconic World Cup song released for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

The 2026 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place from June 11, 2026, to July 19, 2026, across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Many fans are already excited and cannot wait to see the live performance on the big stage.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending