Connect with us

News

Nurse Explains How Mohbad Got Sick and Died After Receiving Injection at Home

Published

on

Photo source: Google

An auxiliary nurse, Feyisayo Ogedengbe, recently testified before the coroner investigating the death of Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, also known as Mohbad. The hearing took place at the Magistrate Court in Ikorodu, Lagos, on Saturday, where Ogedengbe gave a detailed account of the events leading up to Mohbad’s death.

Ogedengbe explained that she completed her nursing training at Cornerstone Hospital in Akute, Ogun State, from 2014 to 2017. She worked at the hospital for a year before relocating. She stated that on September 11, 2023, a client named Ayobami Sodiq, also known as Spending, contacted her to treat a friend who had injured his hand. Spending suspected that a piece of glass was stuck in the wound.

Due to traffic, Ogedengbe couldn’t attend to the patient that day but went the next day, September 12, around 2:30 p.m. When she arrived at Orchid Estate in Lekki, she realized the patient was Mohbad. She met Mohbad, his wife, and Ayobami in a room.

Ogedengbe said Mohbad’s right hand was swollen. After confirming that he had an ulcer, she decided not to give him a diclofenac injection and instead administered 4ml of paracetamol and 1ml of water intravenously. She also gave him a diluted 10ml ceftriaxone injection for pain and to treat any bacterial infection.

While receiving the ceftriaxone, Mohbad said he felt like vomiting. Ogedengbe stopped the injection, and Mohbad went to the toilet to vomit. When he returned and sat on the floor, Ogedengbe noticed goosebumps on his body. Mohbad’s wife said this was a normal reaction and suggested pouring water on him to help.

Advertisement

His wife took him to the bathroom and began pouring water on his head. Meanwhile, Ogedengbe and Ayobami went to find a pharmacy to get hydrocortisone and saline infusion for the allergic reaction. The first pharmacy didn’t have the medication, but they found it at a second pharmacy around 3 p.m.

While at the pharmacy, Ayobami received a call saying Mohbad was convulsing. Ogedengbe told him to arrange for Mohbad to be taken to the hospital. By the time they returned to the house, Mohbad had been moved outside, and the hydrocortisone and saline infusion couldn’t be administered.

Since no vehicle was available, a neighbour offered to drive them to the hospital. Ogedengbe sat in the front with Mohbad’s wife, while Mohbad, Ayobami, and Mohbad’s brother, Adura, sat in the back. Heavy traffic slowed them down, so Mohbad was transferred to a motorbike while Ogedengbe ran behind it.

It took about 20 minutes to reach the first hospital, where the staff initially hesitated to treat Mohbad. They eventually performed CPR, but the doctor pronounced Mohbad dead. Ogedengbe informed the doctor about the medications she had given Mohbad.

Darosha, another friend, arrived and insisted on taking Mohbad to another hospital. Mohbad’s wife accompanied Darosha while Ogedengbe and Ayobami followed in an Uber. At the second hospital, the medical team confirmed there was no pulse. The doctor spoke with Ogedengbe and then consulted Mohbad’s family members, Darosha and Spending.

Advertisement

They stayed at the second hospital for about an hour before returning Mohbad’s body to the house around 8 p.m. Later that night, Ogedengbe, Ayobami, Mohbad’s lawyer, and Ogedengbe’s cousin went to the police station at Orchid Lekki to report the death and seek a death certificate. The police advised them to visit Ajiwe Police Station in Ajah for a police report.

Ogedengbe’s testimony was followed by a cross-examination from the lawyers representing Mohbad’s family, his wife, and the state government. The case was adjourned to March 21, 2025, for further hearing.


 

News

Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race

Published

on


It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.

It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.

This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.

However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.


Continue Reading

News

“It Is Intolerable” — CAN Speaks on School Attack In Oyo State

Published

on


The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has reacted to the recent abduction incident in Oyo State.

It can be recalled that schools were attacked by armed men, with some teachers and students reportedly taken. Some people were also killed during the attack.

CAN cried out on behalf of the public, stating “It is intolerable, disgraceful and utterly unacceptable that Nigerian children can no longer sit safely in classrooms without the fear of being kidnapped by armed gangs.”

The organisation also stated that Nigerians are tired of constantly mourning and questioning when something will finally be done to stop the violence.


Continue Reading

News

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde Speaks on Oyo School Attack

Published

on


The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has revealed that seven teachers were abducted following a recent attack on a school in the state.

It was also shared that the number of students taken is still being investigated.

The governor further revealed that some people were killed during the attack and abduction.

He also added “With the pressure on the terrorists and the bandits in the North-West, they will keep moving southward.”

“When you have pressure in one place, we must be prepared on this side to either repel or neutralise any terrorists fleeing the pressure points.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending