Connect with us

News

PDP Says 2027 Election Is Between Tinubu and the Suffering Nigerians

Published

on

Photo source: Google

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that the 2027 elections will not be a typical political battle but a showdown between President Bola Tinubu and the everyday struggles of Nigerians.

Speaking on Thursday while presenting a Certificate of Return to Anambra governorship candidate Ezenwafor Jude, PDP Acting National Chairman, Ambassador Umar Damagum, emphasized that the elections won’t be about political titles or the number of governors any party controls.

He said, “This election is between Tinubu and the living conditions of Nigerians. It’s not about governors or senators. It’s APC versus the people. The pain being felt across the country is not accidental — it’s the result of bad policies. Nigerians have a chance to change that.”

Addressing the recent wave of defections in Delta State, where Governor Sheriff Oborevwori, former governor Ifeanyi Okowa, and several cabinet members left the PDP for the APC, Damagum expressed disappointment.

He said the PDP had been extremely supportive of Delta State over the years and didn’t expect such a political move from a state that had benefited greatly from the party.

Advertisement

According to him, “If there’s any state that shouldn’t have taken this step, it’s Delta. We’ve supported them all through, from Okowa’s emergence to his selection as vice-presidential candidate. We expected better, but the party has weathered worse and we’ll keep moving forward.”


 

News

Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race

Published

on


It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.

It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.

This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.

However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.


Continue Reading

News

“It Is Intolerable” — CAN Speaks on School Attack In Oyo State

Published

on


The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has reacted to the recent abduction incident in Oyo State.

It can be recalled that schools were attacked by armed men, with some teachers and students reportedly taken. Some people were also killed during the attack.

CAN cried out on behalf of the public, stating “It is intolerable, disgraceful and utterly unacceptable that Nigerian children can no longer sit safely in classrooms without the fear of being kidnapped by armed gangs.”

The organisation also stated that Nigerians are tired of constantly mourning and questioning when something will finally be done to stop the violence.


Continue Reading

News

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde Speaks on Oyo School Attack

Published

on


The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has revealed that seven teachers were abducted following a recent attack on a school in the state.

It was also shared that the number of students taken is still being investigated.

The governor further revealed that some people were killed during the attack and abduction.

He also added “With the pressure on the terrorists and the bandits in the North-West, they will keep moving southward.”

“When you have pressure in one place, we must be prepared on this side to either repel or neutralise any terrorists fleeing the pressure points.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending