News
“We warned Nigerians” – EFCC Says After CBEX Crash
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has said many Nigerians ignored its repeated warnings about digital trading platforms like CBEX.
Speaking on Channels Television, EFCC spokesperson Dele Oyewale explained that the Commission had made efforts to educate the public on the risks of such platforms long before the recent crash.
CBEX, an online trading company with links to China, reportedly collapsed on Monday, locking investors out of their funds and resulting in an estimated N1.3 trillion loss. Videos have since circulated showing victims expressing frustration and heartbreak over their lost savings.
Oyewale stressed that the EFCC had previously published a list of 58 suspicious investment companies, warning citizens to steer clear. He said this was part of their effort to prevent scams and protect the public.
He emphasized that CBEX never had any real, registered presence in Nigeria, despite claims of physical offices in places like Ibadan. He also noted that the company operated entirely online and lacked any legal ties to Nigeria.
According to Oyewale, the Commission had done its part by creating awareness and alerting Nigerians to the risks. “The rest is for people to be cautious and protect their money,” he said.
He also pointed to the newly introduced Investment and Securities Act 2025, which now makes it a criminal offense to engage in digital trading without proper licenses and compliance with Nigerian law.
News
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
It was reported that former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has allegedly purchased a presidential candidate form for the 2027 elections.
It can be noted that Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015.
This information was revealed by Sani Useni, a special assistant who made the claim. Many reacted to the news, with some expressing interest in seeing Jonathan return to power after staying relatively quiet politically since his administration ended.
However, Jonathan has not yet addressed the public or officially shared any presidential ambition.
News
“It Is Intolerable” — CAN Speaks on School Attack In Oyo State
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has reacted to the recent abduction incident in Oyo State.
It can be recalled that schools were attacked by armed men, with some teachers and students reportedly taken. Some people were also killed during the attack.
CAN cried out on behalf of the public, stating “It is intolerable, disgraceful and utterly unacceptable that Nigerian children can no longer sit safely in classrooms without the fear of being kidnapped by armed gangs.”
The organisation also stated that Nigerians are tired of constantly mourning and questioning when something will finally be done to stop the violence.
News
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde Speaks on Oyo School Attack
The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has revealed that seven teachers were abducted following a recent attack on a school in the state.
It was also shared that the number of students taken is still being investigated.
The governor further revealed that some people were killed during the attack and abduction.
He also added “With the pressure on the terrorists and the bandits in the North-West, they will keep moving southward.”
“When you have pressure in one place, we must be prepared on this side to either repel or neutralise any terrorists fleeing the pressure points.”
-
Sport18 hours agoRuben Amorim Linked With Benfica Managerial Role
-
Entertainment18 hours agoSandra Claims She Has Evidence Against Frank Edoho
-
News18 hours agoGoodluck Jonathan Reportedly Linked to 2027 Presidential Race
-
Entertainment17 hours agoDolapo Lawal Says Many Nigerians Abroad Are Surviving, Not Thriving
-
Sport17 hours agoVictor Osimhen Speaks on His Childhood and Family Struggles
